Monday, February 23, 2009

nervous

In Korea, we have a special important day in a year for students who are in the last year of high school.
Korean students have studied for that day like as the study machine.
Obviously, most Koreans point out that is a problem in Korea public education but it is still existed.
Especially, in that day, we can see the unbelievable views.
Companies, public service, and stores are opened late for students because they should not be late on test time.
Therefore, policemen are waiting and watching students who might be late for taking them to place of the test.
In that day, we can watch the news about this test through television in a whole day.
Usually, this test is taking from at 9am to 5pm and parents, friends, and other family are waiting students with concern and anxiety.
Just a day, students should show up their whole knowledge for getting high scores in order to enter the university.
This tragic is the process that students cannot avoid in Korea.
I took this test before 7years ago and I could not forget how much I was nervous.
The memory of this day is the worst moment in my life.
That time, I could not match the right answer in the answer sheet due to nervous.
Even though I changed the answer sheet almost five times, I should not be done to finish the answer sheet perfectly.
I have regretted about this stupid mistake since a day.
I should not be sad front of my family because they might be disappointed to me.
However, I could not stop my crying after a test because I was so desperate myself.
My parents asked me to take a test again after a year.
However, I said, “ I want to get second chance but I cannot. I had worked a lot so I cannot do this again.”
I am still against this policy in Korea because students cannot be judged with test score.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I agree that this form of testing is not the most effective way to evaluate. Having the police drive me to the testing center would get me too nervous!