Monday, February 2, 2009

Koreans


When I met Americans and foreigners, they confused where I am from.
First time, they asked me “are you from Japan?” even they tried to say hi by Japanese.
And then, I told them just “No!” after they guessed I am from in China.
Well, sometimes I tried to explain I am from in Korea but my feeling is starting not good.
I realized my country is known in the world before coming in here. That also is my selfish mind but I want to let them know about our country.
Most Americans did not know where Korea is and what difference between North Korea is.
I am proud of my country, which has long history, only one blood, one our language as Hangeul and special traditional culture.
Our country, people of South Korea cannot meet North Korea’s people naturally.
Even though I couldn’t meet North Korea’s people in here, sometimes other countries people asked to see them or to experience of travel in North Korea.
This is our sad situation from Korea war and we were divided by two sections.
Actually, some old people in Korea may desire the unification by peaceful way without military power.
In another hand, some young people want to keep this situation as two counties.
I am not sure of my opinion with our country of problem because I was not lived war time fortunately.
Including me, many Koreans are not aware of out situation because the war is not finished.
We are temporarily stopping fighting.
I did not read the news paper when I stayed in Korea.
However, I am searching of our events in Korea usually in here.
During that time, I am a stranger in here at the same time I am worrying about our country so much.
Thus, I desire that many Americans would understand our situation as history of two countries.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That is interesting. Honestly, before I met very many internationals I had no real idea about Korea. I might have heard about North and South Korea before but I wasn't aware of the fighting or aything like that. Also, now I can tell who is from where by name, style and apperance, but it's hard for us to tell where most asians are from unless we have experience.
This is definately something good to express to Americans.