Monday, February 9, 2009

misunderstanding.


I often lose some words from other people’s talking because I couldn’t focus on their talking every word.
Defiantly, I miss much word when I talk with Americans due to some unfamiliar word.
Most international students learn and repeat same sentence and word.
And then they use to speak and listen naturally.
One of my friends in here, who is studying TESOL, she always push me to meet her American friends for improving my English.
Sometimes, I got pressure to speak with English front of Korean due to my personality.
Usually, when we have gone out somewhere, she let me to speak every time.
However, she is only one person who makes me so comfort and we are having fun recently.
Anyway, she introduced her American friend who was born in Russia but was raised in the United States to me.
He totally understood my hardship and pressure because of his back ground.
My Korean friend pushed me to lead our conversation, myself.
I was really thanks to her otherwise so shy.
He recognized my situation and he asked me common question which people usually started to know each other.
He asked me about what are my hobby, favorite colors, and favorite movie.
And then, I answered with small voice and he would wait for my answer for a while.
He asked me, “can you play any instrument?” and I said, “Computer.”
I wrongly think the instrument as equipment.
He asked me again, “can you play the computer?” and I realized what he asked.
After I said “I can play the computer keyboard.”, I released from pressure and mistake that might happen when I spoke with him.
Well, anyway I am student who want to learn English and that is my reason to come in here. :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good save! (That is an idiom that means, even though you made a mistake, you were able to save face with a good response!)