Monday, April 6, 2009

streotype of koreans

in the korean culture as same as others people have a lot of streotypes.
Koreans have bad reputation for eating dogs. however, it is not for all korean some koreans dislike to eat dogs. therfore, these dos are rasied for to be food without attention of people. in the past, koreans couldn't image about keep a dog indoor.
a dog was not a pet to koreans because we regarded as domestic animal.
right now, thinking of koreans , including me, to dog is chaged a lot. a dog is one of family member. futhermore, I have never eaten do food even these smell.
old koreans were used to eat dog food for their health not for appetite. so, some parents chit their chilren in to eating dog food as medicines for their healthy.
as we know, childrens were used to sick from disease.
some of my friends should to be eaten dog foods. after knowing about ture of medicine, dogs food, they have also never tried to eat dog food again.
one of celebrity from france balmed koreans eating habaits and stigmatized our coustomes as barbarous.
that gave huge effects on our community because we are not.
last term in eap2, my core teacher introduced warm food to us.
she explained eating warm, asians eat warms, will be alternative food in our future.
I was so shocked when I saw it but my thinking is not appopriate.
I reminded some people might thisnk that eating dog food is also not appropriate.
so, I decided to eat warm food for getting extra credits and for understanding another culture. :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's always god to keep in mind that our culture does not have the final answers to anything! I'm glad that you were able to make connections with the past.